1.25.2013

Jars a plenty

I am a jar saver.  I admit it.  They are one of those favorite things and I will recycle them if they begin to .... stack up.   I reuse them in lots of ways.
A little tip: To remove labels soak the jar in a container with a scoop of washing soda and hot water.  Fill the jar with plain water to weight it.   The label should peel off easily after an hour.

I am very lucky to have a walk-in pantry but there are lots of small items I add to King's food and the jars make it very easy to get my hands on it.  I keep these on a shelf near where I prepare food.  Here are some of those items that I recommend for using with your toddler's menu:

  • Raisins
  • Dried fruit (unsulphured apricots are our staple)
  • Nuts (whole and ground)
  • "O" cereal
  • Wheat Germ
  • Brewer's Yeast (aka Nutritional Yeast)
  • Blackstrap Molasses
  • Mini whole wheat crackers
  • Kelp granules

No comments:

Post a Comment