5.18.2018

Awesome Tahini dressing!

This is so good and easy.  We love it on our buddha bowls.  I need to make jars full of it!

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  •  2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil 
  • 1/4 cup tahini (I used Trader Joe's)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I forgot a lemon but had juice on hand)
  • 2 tablespoons water 
  • 2 scallions, chopped 
  • 1 tablespoon Tamari soy sauce (my preference but you would use whatever you like)
  • 1 large garlic clove, coarsely chopped 
  • 1/4 teaspoon each salt/freshly ground pepper 

Instructions

Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until creamy and smooth.  I let the blender run for a pretty long time.  Taste for seasoning, if needed. If it's too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water. I usually need an extra tablespoon of water and sometimes I don't.  It should be thick, not thin and runs down slowly.  I drizzle it over everything with a spoon. 

Enjoy!

(This buddha bowl is spinach with Nutritional Yeast wilted in coconut oil, roasted butternut squash, chickpeas, brown rice (could sub for couscous or Quinoa), tahini dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment